Deben District Scouts

DEBEN DISTRICT SCOUTS ACTIVE SUPPORT(ZEBRAS) MEETING

Venue: Framlingham Scout HQ Date: 10th Feb 2017 Time :7.30pm

Present: Eric Atkinson (Chair), John Speight(Coord), Sue Atkinson, Bernie Rose, Julie Lovett, Vic Stanbrook, Dick Knights, Tony Gibbs and Brian Childs.

Apologies: Ray Whiffin, Glen Knights, Bob Hale, Derek Hunt, Nigel Harding, Jayne Vaughan, Julian Dean, Bernie Rose, Richard and Margaret Fielding

Key issues

St George’s Day 2017: An outline for the event is on the Dist. WEB site CLICK HERE.

Drop-off point will be in Abbey Schl grounds. Needs visit to finalise.

Need to get sufficient help for Dome set-up and marshals for route.

Adam T issuing map and marshal points.

Location plan for Group, Band etc seating in Dome to be issued. JL/Adam T

PA system for Dome: JS to supply.

Need Parade Marshal: JL to consider.

Collection to be donated to Ipswich Homeless Fund?

Refreshments in Dome after Service: Woodbridge Groups/Trefoil to be approached: EA?

Site visit to be finalised: EA/JL

Support team meet at Dome 12.00 on day

Final details of support to be fixed at 7th April SAS meeting

2017 Social Events: BBQ July 14th (Saxtead-John S), June 9th Croquet (Thorpeness- 9th June (Eric A), Summer Walk (TBC- Eric A), New Year Walk (Framlingham- Vic S).

Forthcoming Scout Events: Raft Race, Woodbridge (June), Suffolk Show – Scout events(June),Moot at Bentwaters 26/27th Aug). Link Camp (End Sept) All need support. Will circulate dates etc when available (John S).

Treasurers Report: Bob Hale sent notification that funds were little changed from Nov 2017 report

The County SAS Rededication Service may be heading to Woodbridge Dist. in Oct 2017. EA to check. TG to explore possibility of holding it at Saxmundaham.

Our Census data for 2017 has been forwarded. A new membership list will be issued reflecting new members, recent changes and addresses. (EA to update)

Date of Meeting dates and venues for 2017: Sept 8th(TBC), Nov 10th(TBC).

Date of Next Meeting: 7th April at “Logwood”, Aldringham 7.30pm

John Speight Deben SAS Coord Tel: 01728-685430